Thursday, September 11, 2008

Breaking the Silence

Greetings! After months of staring at our unchanging blog, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to break the silence! So much has transpired since even before we stopped sharing, and life may or may not ever get back to normal. I know we've all heard in the adoption world that life really never returns to "normal;" rather a "new normal" sets in and I believe we are into yet another level of new normal. I can't say that I like it all right now, and I'm sure I never will like everything about my life here on Earth, but I do hold out hope for the future because I know what God's Word promises to all those who believe.

I really don't know how much posting I'll do... maybe, kinda, sorta as the Spirit moves me. Writing has always been somewhat therapeutic for me and I have gotten away from it. You should probably know right up front that I'm not really writing for anyone else. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm okay with you listening in on whatever God moves me to write.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll find something to share again real soon. Until then...

1 comment:

Dave and Rae said...

It's great to see you writing again.

As a fellow adoptive parent, I thought to write and tell you about the new guest home in Ethiopia specifically for adoptive parents and volunteer groups for the benefit of orphans in Ethiopia. Now that it is up and running, we would love to share the vision with other adoptive parents. You can see more at http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com.

If you would like to post a link, send me an email at dave@ethiopiaguesthome.com and I’ll forward you the information.

Blessings,

Dave McIlrath, MA
Orphan Advocate
Ethiopia Guest Home
More Than a Place to Stay
http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com