Friday, December 7, 2007

Seasons

Winter has arrived.

Whoever said our Ethiopian children will not like cold weather has never met my kids. I am constantly saying "Sweetheart, aren't you cold? Why don't you go put on more clothes?" I look at my kids running around the house in bare feet and I shiver. This must be another unfortunate sign that I am aging. As if I needed another reminder.


At precisely 7:10am on Wednesday I heard the pitter patter of little feet turn into a herd of the masses running down the stairs to announce "SNOW!" Then right outside they went, pajamas and all. Evidence as shown.




They didn't make it long out there in their pj's. But Joseph and Ellie came in, got decked out in their winter gear, and played for three hours. Great example of the fun homeschooling can be. I decided to just go with it - and we actually got school done in a "cut in paste" format which was a fun little shake-up.


By evening I lost count of how many hours the kids had all been outside. It was a great first snow fall. Seasons are so refreshing!

1 comment:

Thankfulmom said...

We have had some of those crazy homeschool snow days too. Today I did kindergarten at 4:00, but it worked out fine. They are learning and having fun.

Lisa